1. The teams who have provisionally entered are required to confirm their team line-up and pay the entry fee of £260 per team by 4 October.
2. Teams may add players to their team (up to a maximum of six in a team) at any stage, provided these players have not played for any other team.
3. Should the England Senior team reach the Final of the Seniors Bowl in Sao Paulo, it will be exempted into the final of the Trials, on the condition that it contains exactly the same six players.
A. Preliminary Round:
- A Preliminary round may be necessary to reduce the field for the Round Robin stage.
- The entries will be seeded according to Gold Points to determine the Preliminary round.
- A maximum of one match to be played privately.
- Teams eliminated at this stage will receive a rebate of £200.
B. Round Robin
- To be played on the weekend of 18-20 December.
- To be played at the Young Chelsea Bridge Club.
- A round-robin, with probably six or eight teams.
- Approximately 48 to 56 boards a day.
- Each player must play at least one third of the boards.
- To be played by the two leading teams from the Round Robin, subject to para 3, above.
- 96 boards to be played over two consecutive days.
- The location will be determined after the conclusion of the Round Robin.
- To be played on Jan 23-24.
- The teams may play at a different venue or on a different date, if mutually agreed.
- The match must be completed by 28 February 2010.
5. The team that wins the trials will have the opportunity to play as a team in the European and the Camrose. In the event that the full team is unavailable for either event, the Selection Committee will select a team. If a team-of-four wins, the third pair(s) will be chosen from trials participants by the SC, in consultation with the winners. If a team of five wins the trials then the Selection Committee reserve the right to add a sixth player to the team, in consultation with the winners.
6. NPCs will be selected by the SC, in consultation with the winners.